HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The Software Engineer aids in the creation and maintenance of applications used by both internal and external clients. This includes partnering with other developers, testers, application support engineers, and infrastructure automation engineers to ensure a smooth development and operational pipeline. This role initially focuses on real-time PL calculation development with Python, but the candidate should be willing to take language-agnostic paradigms in future developments.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to execute and innovate in a modern and dynamic environment.
- Produce high quality code with a combination of code reviews, pairing, and continuous delivery
- Collaborate with QA team members in the creation and maintenance of automated tests and enhancing testing tools
- Collaborate with Business Analyst team members to understand and address business needs
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure applications operate effectively and efficiently in production
- Collaborate across teams to understand and improve our technical practices
Pre-Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills, algorithmic and critical thinking
- Proven software engineer or developer experiences in any of Python/Java/.Net/C++ or other programming languages. 1-3 years of experience in a similar position is preferred
- Familiarity with SQL, understanding internals of database engine is a plus
- Understanding of design patterns and best practices
- Understanding of Agile best practices and values
- Understanding the importance of unit and acceptance testing, particularly Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
Nice to have:
- Passions of financial application development
- Understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git/SVN)
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with tracking systems (e.g. Jira)
- Experience supporting applications in production
- Knowledge of CI / CD (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins)