HedgeServ is a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator. HedgeServ provides uniquely client-centric service and is the industry’s leader in technology. Headquartered in New York City and Dublin, HedgeServ currently services more than $350 billion of assets under administration across 200 client relationships, with 1,200+ professionals across our 14 offices in 8 countries (other locations include Boston, Chicago, Portland, Cayman, Cork, London, Sydney, Poland, Luxembourg, and Bulgaria). HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments.
Since its inception, HedgeServ has received multiple accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings in Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Hedge Fund Expertise and Regulatory Expertise.
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for business end testing and client onboarding of new internal accounting systems within the Hedgeserv platform, reporting directly to the Managers and Director in this department. They will be involved in testing of accounting systems and coordinating implementation to client environments with specific deadlines to be met throughout. The requisite Induction Training will be provided in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional role-specific training shall be provided.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- On a daily basis your responsibility is to identify, investigate and resolve or escalate any calculation differences that occur between two environments using different accounting systems to enable acceptance testing of the HedgeServ in-house NAV systems.
This is completed by identifying trades and non-trading transactions posted by the NAV/MO teams and mirroring the entries in a test environment.
o Price the test environment to match production.
o Produce reconciliations on an Instrument, Tax Lot & GL level and identify differences
o Communicate with NAV /MO teams on resolvable breaks
- Liaise with the Support and Development teams on breaks that need escalation
- Liaising with the HedgeServ NAV & Middle Office teams to ensure client specific reporting deliverables and processes have passed acceptance testing.
- Coordinating with HedgeServ service teams to update to new and more efficient reporting sources.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting, Finance or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 honours degree
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Reconciliation skills with ability to investigate and resolve breaks
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm is desired. Alternative Hedge
Fund experience may be considered.
Please send your cv to our Recruitment Team via email@example.com
Connect and follows us on LinkedIn here