Payroll Specialist – Europe & Australia
This is a hands-on role within our Finance Team reporting directly to the Director of Finance, Europe & Australia. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the processing of all payroll and benefits for all HedgeServ entities in Europe and Australia, in an organization with strong growth plans for the coming years. This is an opportunity for you to work with exceptional professionals in all HedgeServ locations in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ensure accurate collation of monthly salary, taxes, company payments & deductions and employee benefits programme data for multiple entities across Europe & Australia for 800+ employees.
- Ensure monthly payroll changes are collated and processed accurately by the relevant Payroll outsource provider, complete monthly processing, approval and reconciliation for signoff by Director of Finance.
- Ensure payroll is processed with accuracy and within deadlines, whilst ensuring all hard and soft copy reports are fully prepared and presented.
- Work closely with HR function to ensure seamless flow of relevant and retained data across functions to aid the payroll process.
- Ensuring all procedures are followed, fully documented, regularly reviewed and all times kept up-to-date. Responsible for ensuring payroll is processed in line with statutory requirements, revenue compliance rules and best practice.
- Partake in continuous development to ensure up to date knowledge of tax changes or guidance.
- Participate in on-going projects and process improvement initiatives that present within the payroll function.
- Administer and process all employee benefit programmes from payroll perspective, including processing of all payments and changes in pension, private medical insurance, taxSaver, PHI, illness benefit, bike to work, life assurance, employee referral programme and club subsidies.
- Completing the time and attendance process ensuring that full use is made of system and user capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- You will ideally have 8+ years payroll experience.
- Relevant qualifications (top quartile) to support the technical aspects of role, (iPass qualified or Accounting) required.
- Experience in working across Europe & Australia, managing multiple countries, entities and deadlines, an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish PAYE (including BIK) and PRSI, knowledge of other taxation jurisdictions an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with sense of responsibility who proactively drives continuous improvement and is able to demonstrate same.
- Previous experience with managing the relationship of an outsourcing payroll is an advantage.
- Proven ability to use own initiative to identify and resolve issues proactively.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines consistently, and to take ownership of role, while maintaining an excellent level of attention to detail.
- Professional, efficient approach and attitude when dealing with internal business areas, employees and external parties.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) with strong excel and data management experience.
- Excellent fluency in English and legal entitlement to work in Ireland.
Please send your CV to our Recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect & follows us on LinkedIn here.
Please view our privacy statement here.