HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of individual hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman, Krakow & Sofia.
The Python Developer aids in the creation and maintenance of applications used by both internal and external clients. This includes partnering with other developers, testers, application support engineers, and infrastructure automation engineers to ensure a smooth development and operational pipeline. This role focuses on Python applications.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to execute and innovate in a modern and dynamic environment.
- Produce high quality code with a combination of code reviews, pairing, and continuous delivery
- Collaborate with QA team members in the creation and maintenance of automated tests and enhancing testing tools
- Collaborate with Business Analyst team members to understand and address business needs
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure applications operate effectively and efficiently in production
- Collaborate across teams to understand and improve our technical practices
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven OOP language experience, preferably in Python
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position
- Familiarity with SQL
- Excellent analytical skills, logical approach and critical thinking
- Understanding of design patterns and best practices
- Understanding of Agile best practices and values
- Understanding the importance of unit and acceptance testing, particularly Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
Nice to have:
- Understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git/SVN)
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with tracking systems (e.g. Jira)
- Experience supporting applications in production
- Knowledge of CI / CD (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company
- Work in a culture that rewards results
- Be free to make many of your own decisions
- Flexibility in working hours
- Brand new office in the heart of Sofia
Please send your CV to our Recruitment team via HR_Bulgaria@hedgeserv.com
Connect & follows us on LinkedIn here.