HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The HedgeServ technology platform supports B2B SaaS & BPO businesses, delivering business critical, real-time trading tools and instrumentation to Hedge Fund managers. Our technology projects include major client onboarding, organic growth support, technology refresh, and transformation initiatives. This role will assist the Product & Portfolio Management team to implement multiple-team, technology-focused projects which allow for greater growth and interoperability across the organization.
To be successful in this role, candidates must be proficient with determining how to use resources to meet schedules and objectives, and capable of operating in the context of both Agile and Waterfall delivery paradigms. The role will require regular interaction with teams and stakeholders outside of the core workgroup to effectively manage deliverables, schedules, work plans, performance, and quality requirements.
- Coordinates, validates, and monitors project activities and deliverables, from ideation through completion
- Develops and maintains documents such as project schedules, issues/action item lists, activity/status reports, documentation, presentation aids, forms, correspondence, charts, templates, models and other materials of similar scope and complexity; determines most appropriate information source(s), gathers data and determines appropriate methodology for producing desired result
- Engages and cultivates on-going and collaborative relationships with key managers and stakeholders by communicating priorities aligned to business goals, coordinating deliverables and deadlines, gathering information and requirements, etc.
- Advises management of issues; conveys corrective plan of action and follows up regularly to determine status/disposition
- Prepares and presents product and project objectives, status, risks and mitigations, deliverables, KPIs, timelines, and resources to stakeholders. Acts as point of contact for senior leadership to provide status and outcomes.
- Turns data, feedback, and insights into actionable and impactful initiatives
- Reviews and evaluates project life cycle, results achieved vs. results expected
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- 2-3 years of relevant technical product or project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Product & Project Management: Has firm grasp of best practices, standards and techniques of product and project management with demonstrated ability to organize, juggle, and prioritize among multiple projects
- Problem-Solving: Analyzes quantitatively. Comfortable with generating insights and testing hypothesis from data and analytics with a sharp eye for detail
- Manages Ambiguity: Thrives in a diverse, complex, and changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change while maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives
- Results Driven: Continually focuses on achieving positive impact by being proactive, self-directed, and committed, with the tenacity to evaluate and develop ideas independently. Not afraid to jump into workflows and make improvements
- Interpersonal Skills: Cultivates effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Be an earnest, trustworthy, and valued team member that achieves team objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)