HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
Private Equity Department
Due to its innovative technology and service offering HedgeServ’s closed end funds team is expanding in both Dallas and Ireland. The team currently services a mix of private equity, real estate and hybrid structures. The team works with its clients on collaborating new technology solutions as well as client service models to support unique structures and operating models to meet an evolving and growing area within the asset management industry.
A Private Equity Fund Accounting Supervisor/Technician will be required to manage the closed end fund accounting process within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Manager and Director. They will manage the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They will assist in the development of client relationships and will require a detailed understanding of the service requirements for closed end fund administration. They will also take an active role in the creation, maintenance and development of reporting for the Private Equity department.
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
Responsible for the day to day management of the Private Equity team including:
- Capital Call and Distribution Processing
- Investor Allocations, waterfall creation and maintenance
- Performance reporting including IRRs
- Preparation of net asset value calculations and financial statements
- Ad hoc client and investor reporting
- Managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Private Equity Director to ensure consistency of service.
- Resolve fund accounting Inquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Develop and improve workflows and procedures.
- Manage, create and update reporting templates using server-based report generating software (SSRS)
- Collaborate with Private Equity team members to understand and address business needs and ensure reporting operates effectively and efficiently in production
- Review fee calculations and profit and loss allocations.
- Manage and complete client onboarding and transition
- Participate in development and presentation of fund accounting training.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other stakeholder groups
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such Candidates should be flexible and willing to adapt.
Pre-Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in the Private Equity sector either at an Administrator, Auditor, or Investment Manager.
- Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Strong product and process knowledge
- Committed to delivery of results
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Take ownership of designated tasks on an individual and team basis
- Willingness to perform both accounting and reporting development aspects of the role
- OOP language experience, preferably in Python
- Experience working with SSRS (or other report building applications)
- Understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git/SVN)