Private Equity Fund Accountant
Private Equity Department
Due to its innovative technology and service offering, HedgeServ’s closed end funds team is expanding. The team currently services a mix of private equity, real estate and hybrid structures. The team works with its clients on collaborating new technology solutions as well as client service models to support unique structures and operating models to meet an evolving and growing area within the asset management industry.
A Private Equity Supervisor is required to execute their role within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Manager and Director. The role requires the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations and working closely with any staff under their supervision. Review fee calculations, including waterfalls, profit and loss investor allocations, investor and portfolio performance reporting including IRR. Supervision of the reconciliation process, including trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the role. Assisting in the development of the team, setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor to direct reports. The Private Equity Supervisor will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the Private Equity Manager and or Director.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs and will include:
- Assist in managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the and management to ensure consistency of service.
- Ensure the assigned Private Equity team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Supervise a team of up to four Private Equity accountants facilitating their ongoing development.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by the Administrator.
- Review daily and monthly NAV calculations.
- Develop and improve NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Play a role in new client initialization and transition.
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of the Private Equity team including:
- Capital Call and Distribution Processing
- Investor Allocations and performance reporting including portfolio and investor IRR’s
- Waterfall creation and maintenance
- Preparation of net asset value calculations and financial statements
- Ad hoc client and investor reporting
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Private Equity Supervisor should be flexible and willing to adapt.
Education: Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Minimum 2.2 honors degree
Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required. Experience in Fund Accounting is also an advantage but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge, IT Literate
- Reliable and Dependable
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Ability to coach and mentor junior employees and share knowledge and information across the team
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience working in a hedge fund/private equity administration firm is required.
Please send your CV to our Recruitment Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow us on LinkedIn here.
Please also view our Privacy Statement here