Middle Office Associate
The Middle Office Team in HedgeServ performs all trading desk support responsibilities required of large Multi-Strategy Hedge Funds. The Middle Office Graduate will work within the Middle Office team on such functions as electronic trade/deal capture; confirmation and settlements; issues resolution; cash and collateral management; technology development and valuations processing. The position will expose the successful candidate to all financial markets and products traded globally, including highly complex derivative instruments. You will develop invaluable inexperience around the extensive detail on how each product trades in the market. Due to the size and nature of the team, there will be an expectation that the candidate can take on a high level of responsibility and work autonomously. There will also be a certain amount of project work covering all different areas of the team.
- Review daily cash and position reconciliations; resolving breaks
- Ensure the accuracy of all trade bookings, end of day pricing, and client deliverables
- Effectively communicate with clients, assisting with all systems and trade related queries
- Work closely with the various Middle Office, Nav, IT, and Investor Service teams
- Assist the NAV teams in any queries regarding trades or pricing
- Completed bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance
- Exposure to various key financial products, (i.e. Equities, Options, Futures, Fixed Income and various derivatives) would be an asset•Good Excel skills
- IT Literate with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to be flexible, self-motivated and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with people in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a results oriented, high pressure environment with an understanding of the need for 100% accuracy