Fund Accounting Vice President (VP)
A Fund Accounting Vice President is responsible for all aspects of the NAV calculation process, reporting to the Fund Accounting Managing Director, they are required to provide leadership and strategic direction for assigned fund accounting teams. The Fund Accounting Vice President contributes to the development and implementation of system, procedural and operational enhancements. They ensure the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They are key contacts for ad hoc client requests and issues. As a result, a detailed understanding of the service requirements for Hedge Fund Administration is required.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Participate in new client meetings, demonstrating HedgeServ software, discussing complex accounting topics and outlining HedgeServ’s solution to their needs with specific focus on fund structures and products traded.
- Work as part of a team of Assistant Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents and Managing Directors, who have ongoing responsibility for developing all aspects of HedgeServ services.
- Understand and be responsible for all aspects of the NAV calculation including fee calculations, profit and loss allocations, accounting for complex financial instruments, documentation review and ad hoc client requests.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for assigned fund accounting teams.
- Efficiently manage multiple client relationships.
- Ensure the assigned fund accounting team operates within a clearly defined, documented and tested control environment.
- Participate in the continuous development and enhancement of work flows and procedures to reflect the changing control environment.
- Resolve exceptional problems and take on special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for fund accounting employee recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Resolve employee complaints in conjunction with HR and the MD group.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of financial and regulatory reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships between HedgeServ and client brokers, auditors and legal counsel.
- Responsible for new client transitions to the HedgeServ platform.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Investor Services, Quality Assurance, Business Development, Operations and Compliance departments within HedgeServ.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employees. As such Fund Accounting Vice Presidents should be flexible and willing to adapt.
Fund Accounting Vice Presidents should be capable of managing teams of up to 30 staff in total, servicing multiple clients with various requirements and deadlines.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
Skills and Attributes:
- IT literate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively either within a team structure or independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good initiative with the ability to prioritise.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge.
- Reliable, flexible and dependable.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm at a senior level with at least 3 of those at AVP level. Alternative fund experience may be considered.
Please send your CV to our Recruitment team via email@example.com
Connect & follows us on LinkedIn here.
Please view our privacy statement here.