HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
As a Fund Accountant in our NAV (Net Asset Value) department, you will be responsible for the execution of challenging tasks, within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supportive supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Supervisor and Fund Accounting Manager.
Integral to your role, is the reconciliation, trade capture, processing of corporate actions and pricing. You will be required to perform these core tasks accurately and in a timely and efficient manner.
Every Fund Accountant will receive induction training tailored to key topics related to your role. In addition there will be client-focused, technical on-the-job training, throughout the course of the graduate program.
- The preparation of Cash and Positions Reconciliations
- Preparation and processing of income and expense accruals
- Verification and processing of corporate actions
- Assist in the audit process and financial statement preparation if required
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal service departments and clients
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Ensure that HedgeServ’s client focused ethos is maintained on a daily basis
Pre-Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Accounting, Economics, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- IT Literate with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to be flexible, self-motivated and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both within a team structure and independently