Elasticsearch (ELK) Engineer
The Global Application Service Management team delivers infrastructure monitoring solutions along with technical and accounting support services to enable the required processes for the business. The Monitoring and Analytics team provides insights into the performance and health of the HedgeServ infrastructure. First line Operations Support is the Service Desk team, which provides initial triage and escalation for all production affecting issues and requests. The Core Support team troubleshoots and configures a broad suite of critical production applications while liaising with business, development and infrastructure teams. The Reconciliation Support team maintains the Reconciliation Console, manages the processing of position and activity files from brokers and establishes a secure FTP delivery method for daily reports. The Accounting Support team resolves data processing and calculation issues to ensure timely, accurate and consistent reporting as required for business needs.
The Monitoring and Analytics team is responsible for monitoring and alerting on all infrastructure and systems within the HedgeServ infrastructure. The team consists of members in NYC as well as Sofia, Bulgaria.
he DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Elastic Stack of tools that monitor and manage critical applications and infrastructure at HedgeServ. As an important member of the ITSMA Monitoring and Analytics Team, the Engineer will be responsible for the operation and design of the portfolio of tools, which include alerting mechanisms and escalation, dashboards and the overall framework to support the management of HedgeServ’s infrastructure, systems and applications. Additionally, this role entails leading IT infrastructure monitoring projects and vendor management and handling daily operations with SME (Subject Matter Expert) escalation support as needed. The successful applicant should possess the ability to collaborate with various IT teams to gather requirements and develop solutions by means of existing monitoring capabilities or customized monitors (scripts).
- The DevOps Engineer is responsible for working with the ITSMA Monitoring and Analytics Team to design, build, secure, maintain, optimize and document Elastic Stack Enterprise solutions (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Beats, APM with X-Pack) deployed in Elastic Cloud
- Work closely with application owners, engineers, and development teams to assess requirements, design and support an Elasticsearch Stack solution to ensure and structure queries to maximize system performance and efficiency
- Design and configure ETL data pipelines using Elastic Common Schema to onboard application logs and metrics
- Configure index templates and data life cycle management (ILM) for data retention
- Develop Chef cookbook/recipes and Ansible playbooks to automate the deployment of Beat agents for on-prem systems. Use Terraform to safely manage production-related infrastructure alongside methodologies such as infrastructure as code in AWS systems.
- Develop Elastic alerting solutions using Watcher and Kibana Alerts that will have integration with our existing ticketing tool and MS Teams
- Develop Machine Learning (ML) job to dynamically monitor and alert on specific metrics and KPIs
- Follow life cycle processes to move solutions from Dev to QA to Production.
- Participate in group sessions as well as attend and share in agile sprint daily meetings to track progress to ensure development of solutions is in support of the requirements
Job Requirements for the role
- Technical Degree in Information Technology
- Prior experience with an Elastic Cloud implementation
- Understanding of installation, system level tasks, handling data collections, network issues, data pipes, and cluster level administration
- Experience with developing in multiple languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell, Painless, and other scripting languages)
- Strong experience with the full ELK Stack – Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beat agents, Machine Learning, APM, X-Pack and REST API integration
- Strong experience with evaluating existing Elastic clusters, configuration parameters, indexing, search and query performance tuning, security and administration
- Strong experience with security integration such as Windows SAML, LDAP, and Kerberos within an Elasticsearch environment
- Strong experience with AWS technologies such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Kubernetes, Docker, and Lambda
- Strong experience with integrating Elastic alerting with a 3rd party ticketing tool
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company
- Work in a culture that rewards results
- Be free to make many of your own decisions
- Flexibility in working hours
- Brand new office in the heart of Sofia
Please send your CV to our Recruitment Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow us on LinkedIn here.
Please also view our Privacy Statement here