The Middle Office development team is responsible for a number of missioin critical aplications. Our applications are responsible for processing trade data, pricing and corporate actions. The majority of the applications are in our desktop app. We also have 3 web applications with plans to migrate more from the desktop app to a web application.
In addition, we have started a strategic initiative to migrate our back-end services to AWS. This project will run concurrent with our business as usual work and is expected to run for 18 months.
We have a broad mix of technologies – Python (in the enterprise, not just for scripting), Angular, Java, C#. We have been in business for over 10 years so we have a large existing code base and we have a wide variety of projects that will help us continue to deliver an industry leading service to our customers.
You have experience building, deploying and supporting applications in production. You know how to be a hands-on leader. You know when to drop down to the code and when to stay at the white board. You know that testing the application is the responsibility of the whole team. You are as active a tester as a coder.
You want an opportunity to use your technical skills to make a real difference in a business. You want people to care about the work that you do.
You appreciate the value of pair programming and test-driven development. You value delivering software to production that satisfies users’ needs. You care when the software you deliver does not satisfy users’ needs.
You understand that your success comes from your team’s success. You want to work with people who have similar skills so you can help each other. You want to work with people who have different skills so you can help each other. Leaders at HedgeServ have the ability to do these things.
- Serve as a senior development resource and Team Lead for the Middle Office development group in Sofia
- Apply your skills and experience to develop new functionality and move the technology stack forward
- Utilize TDD and pairing as tools for developing new functionality
- Work with the BA, QA and developers to define test scenarios
- Work with the BA, the Development Manager and the team in planning future sprints.
Job Requirements for the role
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience building and delivering software applications
- Experience working with distributed teams is a plus (your team will be distributed)
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of 5-10 people
- Note that this is a hands-on development position. Our leaders write code.
- Strong object-oriented design and programming in one or more of the following: C#, Python, Java
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, including frequent, regular deployments into production
- Basic financial knowledge is a plus
- Strong communications skills
- Intellectually curious about the world around you
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company
- Work in a culture that rewards results
- Be free to make many of your own decisions
- Flexibility in working hours
Please send your CV to our Recruitment team via HR_Bulgaria@hedgeserv.com
Connect & follows us on LinkedIn here.