HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of individual hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman, Krakow & Sofia.
We are looking for people interested in helping us create an organization that embraces change, where we deliver working software frequently, where we build projects around motivated individuals and give them the tools they need to get the job done, and where teams regularly reflect on how to become more effective and then tune and adjust their behavior accordingly.
We are looking for people to join our teams, learn about the people already in them, learn about the user community they support and then help us grow the team and solve our users’ problems via delivering quality software.
The Middle Office development team is responsible for a number of mission critical applications. Our applications are responsible for processing trade data, pricing and corporate actions. The majority of the applications are in our desktop app. We also have 3 web applications with plans to migrate more from the desktop app to a web application.
In addition, we have started a strategic initiative to migrate our back-end services to AWS. This project will run concurrent with our business as usual work and is expected to run for 18 months.
We have a broad mix of technologies – Python (in the enterprise, not just for scripting), Angular, Java, C#. We have been in business for over 10 years so we have a large existing code base and we have a wide variety of projects that will help us continue to deliver an industry leading service to our customers.
You have experience building, deploying and supporting applications in production. You know how to be a hands-on leader. You know when to drop down to the code and when to stay at the white board. You know that testing the application is the responsibility of the whole team. You are as active a tester as a coder.
You want an opportunity to use your technical skills to make a real difference in a business. You want people to care about the work that you do.
You appreciate the value of pair programming and test-driven development. You value delivering software to production that satisfies users’ needs. You care when the software you deliver does not satisfy users’ needs.
You understand that your success comes from your team’s success. You want to work with people who have similar skills so you can help each other. You want to work with people who have different skills so you can help each other. Leaders at HedgeServ have the ability to do these things.
- Serve as a senior development resource and Team Lead for the Middle Office development group in Sofia
- Apply your skills and experience to develop new functionality and move the technology stack forward
- Utilize TDD and pairing as tools for developing new functionality
- Work with the BA, QA and developers to define test scenarios
- Work with the BA, the Development Manager and the team in planning future sprints
- Take part in the yearly performance review of the team
- Take part in the recruitment process for new team members
- Take care of day-to day team management
- Mentor and coach junior people and help them grow within the team
- Ensures that the company and team practices are followed
- Lead the team to continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience building and delivering software applications
- Note that this is a hands-on development position. Our leaders write code
- Strong object-oriented design and programming in one or more of the following: Python, C#, Java
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, including frequent, regular deployments into production
Nice to have:
- Experience working with distributed teams (your team will be distributed)
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of 5-10 people
- Basic financial knowledge
- Strong communications skills
- Intellectually curious about the world around you
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company
- Work in a culture that rewards results
- Be free to make many of your own decisions
- Flexibility in working hours