HedgeServ is a fast growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting, investor services and fund administration. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in New York, Dublin, London, Boston, Grand Cayman, Luxembourg, Sydney and Cork.
As we continue through a period of explosive growth, HedgeServ is searching for future leaders who can make an immediate impact on our already successful team. We’re seeking Hedge Fund professionals with one to four years of experience who are decisive, energetic, and self-starting. We expect successful candidates to assume considerable responsibility within six to twelve months, serving as the main point of contact on multiple client relationships, independently on-board new clients with the guidance of senior team members, and participate in cross team projects.
In addition to a focus on traditional middle office responsibilities such as trade capture, valuations, and break resolution; the candidate will be expected to take ownership of customized client requests, hold conversations with senior Hedge Fund personnel, and actively engage in our internal development initiatives. They also must maintain loan product knowledge to input, review, analyze and process syndicated bank loan portfolios.
- Utilize credit agreements and information obtained from the Funds or third parties to set up new loan facilities in HedgeServ proprietary system
- Monitor and process all involuntary maintenance events such as but not limited to, paydowns, drawdowns, commitment reductions and interest rate changes as provided by Agent Bank or private servicing agent
- Obtain facility and contract details through direct interaction with the Agent Bank or other private servicing agents
- Identify any missing or inaccurate pay down/drawdowns, interest and restructure receipts/payments
- Resolve all executing broker and agent bank issues related to processing and accurate booking of the Fund’s bank loan positions with the assistance of the Investment Manager if necessary
- Review trade confirmations, assignment agreements, and pricing for accuracy
- Compare Funding Memo against independent HedgeServ calculations
- Coordinate trade settlement with Broker, Agent Bank, and Investment Manager
- Report trade settlement status to Investment Manager
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
- 1-4 years’ experience in a similar environment, ideally with exposure to Hedge Funds
- Knowledge of syndicated bank loans and credit markets.
- Work experience with loan administration, loan closing, or loan servicing (reconciling interest rate changes, advances, rollovers, repayments, interest and fee payments and other loan related activity).
- Experience with bank loan administration systems and loan research tools a plus.
- A familiarity with excel is required and an understanding of relational databases is a plus.
- Influential team players with the ability to collaborate effectively
- Clear communicators, who can articulate their actions, identify root causes, and suggest improved ideas.
- Adaptable coalition builders, who listen and understand, weighing information before making decisions.
- Confident and conscientious with a focus on constant learning and development