HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of individual hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman, Krakow & Sofia.
Why you will love working with us:
- Strong and resourceful company, but start-up like environment – HedgeServ is a well-established corporation with $350+ billons asset under administration and more than 1300 employees worldwide. Yet the development team is divided into independent, small, agile and cohesive teams.
- Working with smart people on challenging problems – due to the complex nature of the product, new technical and algorithmic challenges occur every day; therefore, you will work with smart people to tackle those as a team. You will be part of a strong united team that has open communication and works together to solve problems and share knowledge.
- Your opinion matters – company respects everyone’s opinion and your brilliant ideas will be heard, and you can actually make a change in a successful international company.
- We value quality code – we strongly believe in unit, integration and acceptance testing, conforming to best development practices, striving for great quality and performance. Business is supportive of development quality and allow capacity for refactoring, improvement and innovation.
- Innovate and own your solutions – you will have the opportunity to translate requirements into code, going through the whole development cycle. This will include improving a highly profitable financial application, as well as working on green field innovative projects.
- Feel valued – HedgeServ invests in its employees with many company-wide trainings, mentoring programs, sponsoring conference attendances, supporting personal growth, giving access to online courses and books.
- You can grow with us – HedgeServ is a big company, providing amazing opportunities for growth. Good work and performance are recognized and valued; carreer progression and promotions are based on merit.
As a Backend Developer, you will become part of a successful international team, that aids in the creation and maintenance of complex financial software. This includes partnering with other developers, testers, application support engineers, and infrastructure automation engineers to ensure a smooth development and operational pipeline. This role focuses on Python backend development.
The team is based in Sofia and is composed of between 5 to 10 people, split between QAs and Devs.
- Produce high quality code with a combination of code reviews, pairing, and continuous delivery
- Collaborate with QA team members in the creation and maintenance of automated tests and enhancing testing tools
- Collaborate with Business Analyst team members to understand and address business needs
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure applications operate effectively and efficiently in production
- Collaborate across teams to understand and improve our technical practices
- OOP language experience – 2+ years, preferably in Python
- Logical minded, critical thinking, quick learner
- Understanding of best development practices, writing clean code, using appropriate design patterns and object-oriented principles
- Experience with SQL
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge in Data Structures and algorithms
- Understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git/SVN)
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience working with tracking systems (e.g. Jira)
- Knowledge of micro services in a distributed environment
- Knowledge of CI / CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Attractive compensation package
- Extensive set of benefits – public transport card, food vouchers, additional premium health care insurance, Multisport card and others
- Additional vacation days – 25 days in the beginning, with 1 added for every year in the company (up to 5 additional days)
- Amazing brand-new office in the heart of Sofia – high-class development equipment, breath-taking views, fully-packed kitchen with free food and drinks (subject to change dependant on Covid restrictions).
- Flexibility in working hours and to work from home
Please send your CV to our Recruitment team via HR_Bulgaria@hedgeserv.com
Connect & follows us on LinkedIn here.