HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The TechOps Specialist plays a critical role in maintaining HedgeServ’s middleware and application-stack engineering and operations functions. This includes the development, maintenance and enhancement of both the tech stack and the operations technologies that facilitate their management. The position will reflect a combination of technology engineering and administration, process management and the administration / use of related tool sets.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to execute and innovate in a modern, dynamic, and fast paced environment. The position reports to the Director, Technology Operations.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such the successful candidate should be flexible and willing to adapt.
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure and client requirements.
- Engineer solutions that enable compliance and effective operational practices without introducing material operational friction
- Automate daily business processes using multiple applications, such as Tidal Scheduler
- Must be conversant with a tech stack composed of Java (Tomcat primarily) .NET, Python, Citrix XA, Citrix NetScaler, NGINX and Redis
- Design and deploy systems with various modern HA methods, strong focus on deprecating legacy HA methods such as OS clustering and active / passive, with a move toward cloud enablement (stateless systems, horizontal scaling, etc.)
- Be responsible for engineering and administration of all systems above the OS and below the load balancers.
- Analyze infrastructure issues and requests, and propose solutions while collaborating with infrastructure teams
- Collaborate with platform, network, and release automation teams to build effective and efficient operations framework
- Works well in a team setting, leverages influence, and embraces a focus on outcomes
- Communicate with internal and external clients, often performing troubleshooting steps while on video or audio calls.
- Actively respond to, monitor and participate in incident management activities; maintain ownership of issues through to resolution. Ensure appropriate engagement across teams
- Document and maintain processes and procedures, guidelines, change requests, etc.
- Be available during non-working hours to assist with urgent, client impacting issues
- On-Call Weekend rotation and Holiday rotation coverage
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Technical focus
- Minimum 6 years of technical support experience, with 1 year in the financial industry preferred but not required.
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as Bash / Python / Ruby / PowerShell
- Strong working knowledge of CentOS and other Linux Operating Systems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 / 2012 /2016
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Chef or equivalent configuration management tool is a plus
- Experience with NGINX, Redis, Rabbit, Tomcat is a plus
- Experience with Cloud technologies – VMware. AWS is a plus
- Experience with Citrix hosted applications, along with Tomcat / Java, and Python services a plus
- Working knowledge of Citrix XA server management and Citrix NetScaler configuration a plus