HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The Platform Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Engineer who will be responsible for the deployment and management of global Microsoft’s based infrastructure. This role requires experience in system administration, scripting, automation, and a background in coordinating with multiple teams.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to execute and innovate in a modern, dynamic, and high-pressure environment.
- Perform day to day administration for Windows based operating systems and collaboration platforms such as Exchange Server/ Online and the rest of the O365 suite.
- Lead technical projects, as well as perform emergency maintenance on activities requiring special knowledge.
- Recommend, write, and maintain scripts to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the environment.
- Work with external vendors and internal team members in providing technical and costs-based information related to new projects.
- Plan, test and implement Windows and Storage services in our Data Center and in the Cloud (AWS or Other).
- Define optimal architecture and design of new solution based on requirements.
Pre-Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Very strong experience with all Windows Operating Systems
- Very strong experience with Active Directory in a multi forest environment including the following fundamental concepts.
- AD Replication and all its components
- AD Backup and Restore
- AD Disaster Recovery Strategy
- AD Sites and Subnets
- LDAP, Kerberos and NTLM
- DC Locator process
- DNS AD integrated and non-integrated Zones
- FSMO Roles
- Group Policy Objects
- Global Catalog
- AD Integrated DFS Namespaces
- DFS Replication
- USN, HWVT and Naming Contexts
- Very strong experience with Exchange Server and Exchange Online running in Hybrid Mode including the following fundamental concepts.
- Creation and management of Transport Rules
- Creation and management of SMTP inbound/ outbound connectors
- Email tracking and flow troubleshooting
- Exchange shadow redundancy
- Overall Exchange Server patching and maintenance
- Journaling and Litigation Hold
- Very strong experience with Identity Federation platforms such as ADFS and Azure Active Directory
- Very strong experience with Microsoft Clustering Services (Failover and NLB)
- Very strong experience with Microsoft Certificate Services (PKI)
- Experience with Powershell Scripting and DSC
- Possess good understanding of core concepts for Networking, Virtualization and Storage.
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strongly self-motivated to overcome challenges and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Be part of on-call rotation
- Highly driven to constantly improve skills and gain new knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication with an emphasis on building a stronger team
- Working experience building Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) is a plus
- Working experience building OS images with Packer is a plus
- Possessing any of the following certification would be a distinctive advantage (MCSA, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, ACSA)