HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The Platform Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the deployment and management of global Windows/VMWare infrastructure. This role requires experience in system administration, scripting, automation, and a background in coordinating with multiple teams.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to execute and innovate in a modern, dynamic, and high-pressure environment.
- Perform day to day administration for Windows based operating systems in a multi cloud environment.
- Lead technical projects, as well as perform emergency maintenance on activities requiring special knowledge.
- Recommend, write, and maintain scripts to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the environment.
- Work with external vendors and internal team members in providing technical and costs-based information related to new projects.
- Plan, test and implement Windows and Storage services in our Data Center and in the Cloud (AWS or Other).
- Define optimal architecture and design of new solution based on requirements
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Very strong experience with all Windows Operating Systems
- Very strong experience with Active Directory in a multi forest environment.
- Very strong experience with VMware products
- Understand enterprise infrastructure concepts – Virtualization, SAN, Network, and Security Enforcement.
- Experience with PowerShell Scripting
- Experience administering NetApp/ EMC storage appliances
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Operations and Migrations (AWS is a plus)
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strongly self-motivated to overcome challenges and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Be part of on-call rotation
- Highly driven to constantly improve skills and gain new knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication with an emphasis on building a stronger team
- Working experience building Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) is a plus
- Working experience building OS images with Packer is a plus
- Possessing any of the following certification would be a distinctive advantage (MCSA, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, ACSA)