HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The Sr. Middleware Engineer plays a critical role in maintaining HedgeServ’s middleware and application-stack engineering functions. This includes the development, maintenance, and enhancement of both the tech stack and the operations technologies that facilitate their management. The position will reflect a combination of technology engineering and administration, process management, and the administration / use of related tool sets.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to execute and innovate in a modern, dynamic, and high-pressure environment.
- Engineer solutions that enable compliance and effective operational practices without introducing material operational friction
- Automate daily business processes using multiple applications, such as Tidal Scheduler
- Must be conversant with a tech stack composed of Java (Tomcat primarily) .NET, Python, Citrix XA, Citrix NetScaler, NGINX and Redis
- Analyze infrastructure issues and requests, and propose solutions while collaborating with infrastructure teams
- Collaborate with platform, network, and release automation teams to build effective and efficient operations framework
- Work well in a team setting, leverage influence, and embrace a focus on outcomes
- Actively respond to, monitor and participate in incident management activities; maintain ownership of issues through to resolution. Ensure appropriate engagement across teams
- Document and maintain processes and procedures, guidelines, change requests, etc.
- On-Call Weekend rotation and Holiday rotation coverage
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum 7 years of technical support experience, with 1 year in the financial industry
- Strong experience building, supporting and optimizing both Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Strong experience working with Load Balancer solutions such as Citrix Netscaler, NGINX and/ or F5
- Strong experience working with MQ platforms such as Rabbit, Sonic, SQS
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as Bash / Python / PowerShell
- Experience with Redis (RLEC) is a plus
- Experience with ForgeRock is a plus
- Experience with Citrix hosted applications and Citrix XA server management is a plus
- Experience with VMware products is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Chef and/ or Ansible is a plus
- Experience with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred is a plus
- Strongly self-motivated to overcome challenges and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Highly driven to constantly improve skills and gain new knowledge
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, attention to detail and well organized