HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The Senior Elasticsearch (ELK) Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Elastic Stack of tools that monitor and manage critical applications and infrastructure at HedgeServ. As an important member of the ITSMA Monitoring and Analytics Team, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for the operation and design of the portfolio of tools, which include alerting mechanisms and escalation, dashboards and the overall framework to support the management of HedgeServ’s infrastructure, systems and applications. Additionally, this role entails leading IT infrastructure monitoring projects and vendor management and handling daily operations with SME (Subject Matter Expert) escalation support as needed. The successful applicant should possess the ability to collaborate with various IT teams to gather requirements and develop solutions by means of existing monitoring capabilities or customized monitors (scripts).
- The Senior ELK Engineer is responsible for working with the ITSMA Monitoring and Analytics Team to design, build, secure, maintain, optimize and document Elastic Stack Enterprise solutions (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Beats, APM with X-Pack) deployed in Elastic Cloud
- Work closely with application owners, engineers, and development teams to assess requirements, design and support an Elasticsearch Stack solution to ensure and structure queries to maximize system performance and efficiency
- Design and configure ETL data pipelines using Elastic Common Schema to onboard application logs and metrics
- Configure index templates and data life cycle management (ILM) for data retention
- Develop Chef cookbook/recipes and Ansible playbooks to automate the deployment of Beat agents for on-prem systems. Use Terraform to safely manage production-related infrastructure alongside methodologies such as infrastructure as code in AWS systems.
- Develop Elastic alerting solutions using Watcher and Kibana Alerts that will have integration with our existing ticketing tool and MS Teams
- Develop Machine Learning (ML) job to dynamically monitor and alert on specific metrics and KPIs
- Follow life cycle processes to move solutions from Dev to QA to Production.
- Participate in group sessions as well as attend and share in agile sprint daily meetings to track progress to ensure development of solutions is in support of the requirements
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Technical Degree in Information Technology
- Prior experience with an Elastic Cloud implementation
- Understanding of installation, system level tasks, handling data collections, network issues, data pipes, and cluster level administration
- Experience with developing in multiple languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell, Painless, and other scripting languages)
- Strong experience with the full ELK Stack – Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beat agents, Machine Learning, APM, X-Pack and REST API integration
- Strong experience with evaluating existing Elastic clusters, configuration parameters, indexing, search and query performance tuning, security and administration
- Strong experience with security integration such as Windows SAML, LDAP, and Kerberos within an Elasticsearch environment
- Strong experience with AWS technologies such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Kubernetes, Docker, and Lambda
- Strong experience with integrating Elastic alerting with a 3rd party ticketing tool