HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
An Investor Services Supervisor will be required to execute the following tasks in the Investor Services Department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a manager and Director. Every Investor Services Supervisor will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training is provided by the manager and Director within the team.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such the successful candidate should be flexible and willing to adapt.
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure and client requirements.
- Ensure investor transaction instructions contain requisite information and advise Investor Services Administrator when follow-up is required. Liaise with investors to obtain fully executed transaction instructions.
- Advise and assist Investor Services Administrator to ensure subscription proceeds are provided timely.
- Review AML/KYC documentation provided by investors and follow-up where necessary. Escalate to Manager and MLRO where required.
- Review Investor Transactions on HedgeInvestor® (HedgeServ proprietary Investor Services System).
- Ensure reconciliation of the subscription/redemption bank account daily and take appropriate action to clear any items. Escalate any aged items to manager.
- Preparation of Redemption Payment Schedules.
- Review of wire transfers to Prime Brokers, Investors and fees payments
- Investor Reporting – review investor reports, including but not limited to Investor Statements and Contract Notes for distribution to investors.
- Client Reporting – review client reports, including but not limited to, Capital Activity Report, ERISA Report, Authorized Share Capital Reports for distribution to clients.
- General Investor Services – assist Investor Services Administrator in fielding general requests from investors including, but not limited to, requests for duplicate investors statements, enquiries on previous transaction activities, performance requests whilst at all times ensuring that all communication is with authorized person.
- Review distribution of Fund Performance in line with client requirements prior to distribution to investors.
- Handling complex calls from investors.
- Identify areas for improvement in processes, personnel and structure and discuss with Investor Services Manager and Director.
- Establish effective working relationships with the NAV, QA, Compliance Departments within HedgeServ.
- Preparation of Fund Audit requirements
- Review of Investor Audit requests prior to distribution to investor/auditors.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm with experience in all aspects of the role of an Investor Services Administrator. Alternative experience may be considered.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Min. 3.0 GPA
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both within a team structure and individually.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.