Note: This role requires you to work New York hours 4/5pm – 12/1am, Sofia hours 11/12pm – 6/7am
We are seeking a Database Administrator to manage our database environments for Microsoft SQL Server databases that are used by applications written in Python, C#, .Net, and Java, and integrates with databases from 3rd-party applications. The role requires a person who can work within a System Administration group and collaborate with several business and development teams.
- Provide support for production database environments
- Collaborate with Systems Administration teams to diagnose and troubleshoot production issues
- SQL Server – build and configure clusters with multiple nodes
- AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Work with Monitoring teams to develop tools that proactively identify database issues and collect appropriate trending data for performance analysis
- Work with development team on performance and tuning of the queries
- Develop a process to support frequent, rapid, streamlined, and reliable releases into several QA and UAT environments
- Collaborate with Development and Systems Administration teams to plan and communicate rollouts of new software versions
- Build automated tools to implement schema changes or transform data within development, QA, UAT, Staging and production environments
- Database upgrade procedures and tools provided by external vendors
- Collaborate with System Administrators and Physical DBAs to develop operational approaches for backing-up, restoring, upgrading, sizing (disk and shared memory, for example), and tuning runtime requirements for all database environments.
- 1+ years working with relational database systems including Microsoft SQL Server
- Recent experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Windows Server – experience supporting production databases
- Personality – must be pro-active, enthusiastic and dedicated.
Nice to haves:
- Data modeling
- Scripting language PowerShell, Perl
- DW and OLAP including working knowledge of SSAS
- MDX query language
- Apache, MYSQL, PHP and Perl
- Hortonworks Hadoop
- Agile Development environment.
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company
- Work in a culture that rewards results
- Be free to make many of your own decisions
- Flexibility in working hours
- Brand new office in the heart of Sofia
Please send your CV to our Recruitment team via HR_Bulgaria@hedgeserv.com
Connect & follows us on LinkedIn here.