HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
HedgeServ uses proprietary software to independently value clients’ portfolios. As part of the Global Application Support team, the successful candidate will work to support applications used by both internal and external users. Application Support team members are required to troubleshoot and analyze issues reported by internal and external users and assist in the resolution and escalation of issues.
This role will specialize in dealing with issues regarding transaction processing and calculation issues, e.g. calculation of market value, realized P&L, interest income. As a result, an in-depth knowledge of accounting and financial products is a must. Congruent to this, there is a strong technical aspect to the role. While the support team has established processes and problem-solving guidelines, there will be situations where there are no guidelines and therefore the ability to be innovative is a key requirement.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to execute and innovate in a modern, dynamic, and high-pressure environment.
This is a great opportunity to gain a diverse understanding of all financial markets and products traded globally as well as the technical aspects of the financial services industry.
Training will be provided through a structured induction program to gain knowledge of HedgeServ’s business and applications. Specific training in this role will be provided on-the-job through close collaboration with other team members.
- Work closely with various teams within the firm to resolve support tickets logged by the application users in an effective manner
- Analyze General Ledger (GL) postings and investigate how figures are being calculated
- Investigate reporting queries by analyzing how the report gets its data and the calculations used
- Query database tables to assist in the resolution of tickets
- Troubleshoot application bugs and identify gaps in the system for development and propose workable solutions
- Research and troubleshoot to resolve tickets and document new processes and guidelines
- Strategize with the team daily and develop more efficient processes and procedures
Pre-Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Accounting or Finance Degree
- Strong accounting and financial product knowledge
- Strong understanding of the financial markets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to break an issue into its constituent parts and understand how these parts relate to each other
- Strong IT literacy
- Experience in SQL and knowledge of databases is an advantage
- The ability to build from past experiences and to continuously improve
- Ability to learn quickly to adapt to challenges in a dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and solid team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized and an understanding of the need for 100% accuracy