HedgeServ is a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator. HedgeServ provides uniquely client-centric service and is the industry’s leader in technology. Headquartered in New York City and Dublin, HedgeServ currently services more than $350 billion of assets under administration across 200 client relationships, with 1,200+ professionals across our 14 offices in 8 countries (other locations include Boston, Chicago, Portland, Cayman, Cork, London, Sydney, Poland, Luxembourg, and Bulgaria). HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments
The Director of IT and Middleware Operations will serve as an IT leader, strategist, and innovator to the globally distributed team. This person will play a critical role in implementing & maintaining HEDGESERV’s middleware and application stacks operations functions. This includes the enhancement, support, and maintenance of all critical components in our hosted SaaS platform. The position will reflect a combination of technology management, administration, and process management. The position reports to the Managing Director of Platform & Application Infrastructure Services., based in NY.
The successful candidate will be a skilled operation and process manager who knows how to execute and innovate in a modern, dynamic, and fast paced environment.
- This position manages the day-to-day operations for incident management, service requests, provisioning requests, as well as maintaining an accurate account of available resources for capacity management.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating all changes implemented on our environment
- Ensure appropriate engagement across teams and root cause analysis of prod issues
- Collaborate with platform, network, AppSupport, business and release automation teams to build effective and efficient operations framework
- Responsible for the management of globally distributed technical teams within AppEng.
- Provide leadership and direction to direct reports focusing on service excellence.
- Oversees system performance, availability, and 24 x 7 operational support
- Proactive management, maintenance and monitoring of services to ensure SLAs are reliable and available
- Direct the team to develop, drive and report on the key performance metrics of the operations organization
- Responsible for communicating risks, outages, and changes that may affect the uptime of clients’ environments to both internal peer groups and leadership teams.
- Constantly evaluate operating procedures looking for methods to improve efficiency, identify and mitigate defects in operating procedures.
- Ensure that the infrastructure’s operating procedures meet or exceed current standards
- Responsible for Operational Governance including operational reporting and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related fields, and 10+ years of progressive IT experience with at least 5-7 years of management experience
- Working knowledge of IT Operations in a SaaS environment
- Ability to be hands on and solve problems efficiently, not just delegate
- Proven effectiveness in both Windows and Linux environments
- Expertise working with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to identify, prioritize and escalate issues as needed
- Ability to influence and lead change, – Proven ability to deliver despite obstacles
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Flexibility in working hours
- Brand new office in the heart of Sofia