HedgeServ is a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator. HedgeServ provides uniquely client-centric service and is the industry’s leader in technology. Headquartered in New York City and Dublin, HedgeServ currently services more than $350 billion of assets under administration across 200 client relationships, with 1,200+ professionals across our 14 offices in 8 countries (other locations include Boston, Chicago, Portland, Cayman, Cork, London, Sydney, Poland, Luxembourg, and Bulgaria). HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments.
Since its inception, HedgeServ has received multiple accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings in Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Hedge Fund Expertise and Regulatory Expertise.
To find out more information about HedgeServ, please visit www.hedgeserv.com.
What you will do at HedgeServ:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the deployment and management of global Linux/VMWare infrastructure. This role requires experience in system administration, scripting, automation, and a background in coordinating with multiple teams.
Your contribution to the team:
- Perform day to day administration for the CentOS and other Linux based operating systems in a virtual environment
- Lead technical projects, as well as perform emergency maintenance on activities requiring special knowledge
- Recommend, write, and maintain scripts to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the environment.
- Work with external vendors and internal team members in providing technical and costs-based information related to new projects. Plan, test and implement Linux and Storage services in our Data Center and in the Cloud (AWS or Other).
Who’s right for the job:
- Experience with CentOS and other Linux Operating Systems
- VMWare experience
- Understand enterprise infrastructure concepts – VMWare, SAN, network, load balancer, and security devices
- Experience with Linux Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience administering NetApp appliances is a plus
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Operations and Migrations (AWS is a plus)
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent configuration management tool
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strongly self-motivated to overcome challenges and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Be part of on-call rotation (once every 8 weeks)
- Highly driven to constantly improve skills and gain new knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication with an emphasis on building a stronger team
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits.
- Professional environment with great development opportunities.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Brand new office in the heart of Sofia.