HedgeServ is a global, independent fund administrator with uniquely client-centric service and the industry’s only real-time technology platform. The HedgeServ model enables T+0 oversight for managers, while delivering fully customized reporting and workflows without sacrificing institutional-quality controls. Headquartered in New York City and Dublin, HedgeServ currently services more than $300 billion of assets under administration, across over 195 client relationships, with 1,000+ professionals across our ten offices. HedgeServ provides top-ranked fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls.
HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. For the third consecutive year, HedgeServ was named Top Overall Administrator in the 2015 Institutional Investor’s Alpha Awards for Administrators. HedgeServ also received #1 rankings in Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Hedge Fund Expertise and Regulatory Expertise.
As a IT Support Specialist -II, you will join a global support organization responsible for providing technical support to all end user technologies, currently implemented and offered to our Enterprise. We are looking for a competent front-end support professional to provide timely and valuable technical assistance on IT systems across a large and diverse pool of technical services portfolio. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer assistance to resolve them. You will troubleshoot, configure, and deploy devices and conduct other daily support activities aimed to help and enhance our user community’s productivity. You are expected to perform timely and quality resolution to issues and record them in our ticketing system – Service Desk Plus, while always providing an optimal customer services experience with every interaction. This position reports to the “Global End User Services – Manager” located in Dublin. The incumbent candidate may need to assist in other sites’ technical operations within Ireland and as needed, in any of our 10 offices located in six different countries. In addition, this role will participate in various project planning and execution activities with the Global Support groups and other IT groups within the Information Technology division at HedgeServ.
- Provide quality and fast resolution to service and incident requests submitted to our support center via phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Consistently document all information related to service and incident requests to ensure all interactions with customers and peers are documented in our Ticketing Systems and others information systems.
- Actively capture, create, and correct help articles for our Support Knowledge Base.
- Assist in keeping IT support process documents up-to-date.
- Open support cases with software and hardware vendors when required.
- Establish and follow assigned priorities based on business and operational needs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships by working cooperatively with others to perform preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Assist user community with the installation and configuration of IT equipment such as PCs, Laptops, Apple Macbooks, printers, IP Phones, etc.
- Assist with training for new and existing users regarding existing and new technologies.
- Basic troubleshooting of network and voice infrastructure.
- Support iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Identify and appropriately use defined escalation processes for requests that require further technical investigation or the interaction of other IT Teams.
- Define and create standard operating procedures (SOP) to promote consistency across the various layers of services offered.
- Travel to remote sites for IT projects and field installations as required.
- Conduct weekly asset management and inventory of spare parts.
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Carrying out other duties as management may request of you.
- Associate degree in technology and 2 years work experience in related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in supporting Windows and Apple operating environments
- Experience with Office 365 suite required
- Proficiency in dealing with a variety of computer systems/applications required
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Strong diagnostic, problem solving and communication skills
- Proactive self-starter, with minimum guidance or management required.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Must be a good communicator.
- Should expect to be available after hours at short notice and work from home when required.
The right candidate is expected to have some experience or exposure to one or more of the following technologies.
Windows core and Network infrastructures
DHCP/ DNS, Domain controllers, Active directory/ Group Policies. Patch management, Windows server 2003/ 2008/ 2012 OS, Exchange Server and Email routing, Office 360, TCP/IP Switching and Routing, Firewall and Web Proxy, Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 support, Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 support, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, (MDT) Windows Deployment Services, (WDS) System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Software Deployment, Manage Engine SDP and Desktop Central, Kaspersky Endpoint Protection 10, PowerShell scripting