This is a significant role within our expanding Finance Team who have responsibility for all European & Australian entities The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the processing of all payroll and benefits for all HedgeServ entities in Europe and Australia, in an organization with strong growth plans for the coming years. This is an opportunity for you to work with exceptional professionals in all HedgeServ locations in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Prepare accurate collation of monthly salary, taxes, company payments & deductions and employee benefits programme data for multiple entities across Europe & Australia for 900+ employees.
- Provide monthly payroll changes and updates to the relevant Payroll outsource provider.
- Ensure payroll is processed with speed, accuracy and within deadlines, whilst maintaining all required records and files.
- Complete monthly processing and reconciliation and prepare files for final approval and signoff.
- Work closely with HR function and HR system (Workday) to ensure seamless flow of relevant and retained data across functions to aid the payroll process.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll is processed in line with revenue compliance rules and best practice and partake in continuous development to ensure up to date knowledge of tax changes or guidance.
- Proactively work with all relevant stakeholders (management, HR, external provider) to ensure accurate and timely flow of information across departments.
- Deliver a proactive risk and control culture, embedding risk, control, audit and compliance requirements within all processes, including support to all internal and external audits.
- Proactively seek process improvement initiatives within the payroll function and with the payroll information flow.
- Administer and process all employee benefit programmes from the payroll perspective, including processing of all payments and changes in pension, private medical insurance, TaxSaver, PHI, Illness Benefit, Bike to Work, Life Assurance, Employee Referral Programme and Club subsidies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- You will ideally have 4+ years payroll experience.
- Previous experience with Workday or similar HR system an advantage.
- Relevant qualifications (top quartile) to support the technical aspects of role, (iPass qualified or Accounting) required.
- Experience working with European & Australian entities an advantage
- Have detailed knowledge of Irish PAYE (including BIK) and PRSI, other taxation jurisdictions an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with sense of responsibility who proactively drives continuous improvement and is able to demonstrate same.
- Previous experience with outsourcing payroll management an advantage.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve problems using a team based approach.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines consistently, and to take ownership of role.
- Professional, efficient approach and attitude when dealing with internal business areas, employees and external parties.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) with strong excel and data management experience.
- Fluent English.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect and follows us on LinkedIn here.
Please view our privacy statement here.