Reporting to the CEO and with direct access to the Board of Directors, the Head of Risk / Risk Director is responsible for ensuring that HedgeServ’s operational processes/procedures comply with sector regulations and assures the identification, assessment, monitoring, reporting and mitigation of the operational risks.
Some of the key duties include:
- Maintenance of an appropriate risk governance structure to ensure effective risk oversight. Ensure that operational and enterprise risks across HedgeServ Limited have been identified, are measured (where applicable), communicated and have effective risk management strategies in place.
- Ensuring that all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and
- Ensuring appropriate management, assessment, monitoring and reporting of operational risks;
- Maintenance of an effective operational risk framework (including risk maps, control breaches, control weaknesses, key risk indicators) and proactive operational risk function that will advise and influence process change and will consider impact on risk and capital requirements.
- Provide advice, guidance and information to HedgeServ Limited to ensure that the required regulatory standards are met.
- Form an independent view of the risks being accepted by HedgeServ Limited, providing effective challenge on all risk types.
- Participate actively and with authority in committee and board meetings with senior management to report on risk and its management
- Regular reporting to the Board of Directors;
- Managing meetings and inspections carried out by Regulatory Bodies, as applicable;
- Identifying applicable regulations, carrying out risk assessment and suggesting changes to company policies and procedures in order to ensure that compliance risk is adequately monitored and managed;
- Further develop and implement Risk Identification and Risk Assessment processes including management of the Risk Register.
- Ongoing monitoring and oversight of implementation of remedial action as well as trend analysis and escalation of issues identified.
- Report regularly to the Management Committee, with appropriate, timely and relevant information so that the committee can discharge their responsibilities effectively
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff, ensuring they are engaged regarding Compliance requirements
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements Authority and Escalation Management responsibilities
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such the Compliance Director should be flexible and willing to adapt.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- Min. 2.2 honors degree
- Risk management qualification an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, managerial and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively both within a team structure and individually
- Strong inter-personal & negotiation skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required
- Ability to influence & to build consensus
- Ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships across the organisation
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
- Flexibility & adaptability in line with business needs and priorities
- Minimum 10 years in a risk related role or with financial services experience and a subsequent move into a risk management role
- Proven interpersonal, communication, project management and leadership skills
Please send your cv to email@example.com
Connect and follows us on LinkedIn here.
Please view our privacy statement here.