Private Equity Accounting Supervisor – Dublin
HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of the individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Poland, Sydney and Cayman.
A Private Equity Supervisor is required to execute the following tasks within the fund accounting department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Manager and Director. They will facilitate the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations and work closely with the fund accountants under their supervision. Reviewing fee calculations and profit and loss investor allocations and the supervision of the cash, position and OTC reconciliation process, including trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the Private Equity Supervisor’s role. They will assist in the development of the NAV team, setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor to direct reports. Every Private Equity Supervisor will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Manager.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of the fund accounting team including:
- Capital Call and Distribution Processing
- Investor Allocations
- Waterfall creation and maintenance
- Preparation of net asset value calculations and financial statements
- Ad hoc client and investor reporting
- Assist in managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Fund Accounting Director to ensure consistency of service.
- Ensure the assigned fund accounting team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Supervise a team of Fund accountants.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by the Administrator.
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Review daily and monthly NAV calculations.
- Develop and improve NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Review fee calculations and profit and loss allocations.
- Review applicable monthly, yearly and inception to date performance
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Private Equity Supervisor should be flexible and willing to adapt.
A Private Equity Supervisor should be capable of supervising up to 4 Fund Accountants and facilitate their ongoing development and that of the NAV team.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- Minimum 2.2 honors degree
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge
- Reliable and Dependable
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a hedge fund administration firm is required.
Please send your CV to Michelle Flood via firstname.lastname@example.org