HedgeServ is a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator. HedgeServ provides uniquely client-centric service and is the industry’s leader in technology. Headquartered in New York City and Dublin, HedgeServ currently services more than $350 billion of assets under administration across 210 client relationships, with 1,200+ professionals across our 14 offices in 8 countries (other locations include Boston, Chicago, Portland, Cayman, Cork, London, Sydney, Poland, Luxembourg, and Bulgaria). HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments.
Since its inception, HedgeServ has received multiple accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings in Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Hedge Fund Expertise and Regulatory Expertise.
To find out more information about HedgeServ, please visit www.hedgeserv.com.
A Private Equity Fund Accountant will be required to execute the following tasks within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Supervisor and Manager. Calculation of Capital Calls, Distributions, preparation of monthly/quarterly NAV packages including fee calculations and waterfall preparation. Reconciliation, trade capture, and pricing are also an integral part of the role. These core tasks be will be performed accurately and in a timely and efficient manner. The Private Equity Fund Accountant will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the Private Equity Supervisor.
The tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs and will include:
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly NAV, ensuring completion of specified tasks per Private Equity checklists
- Calculate and process capital calls, capital distributions and statements for closed-end funds
- Prepare investor P&L allocations and fee calculations as part of monthly and quarterly NAV packages
- Prepare waterfall calculations
- Prepare portfolio and investor IRR calculations as required
- Perform cash, position and market value reconciliations
- Escalate accounting issues and aged items to the Private Equity Supervisor
- Ensure all positions are priced correctly
- Calculate and process income and expense accruals including trading accruals
- Comply with HedgeServ’s checklists, procedures and controls
- Assist in the audit process where required
- Converse and liaise with internal service departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met timely
- Be client focused, flexible and willing to adapt
- Accounting, Finance, Legal, Economic or Business Degree
- Minimum of 1 years experience in a similar role
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (CPA) is not required but would be an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- IT Literate
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Reliable, dependable and committed
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
Please send your resume to HR_US via HR_US@hedgeserv.com