This is a significant role within our expanding Finance Team reporting directly to the Head of Finance, Europe & Australia. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for the processing of all payroll and benefits for all HedgeServ entities in Europe and Australia, in an organization with strong growth plans for the coming years. This is an opportunity for you to work with exceptional professionals in all HedgeServ locations in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
• Ensure accurate collation of monthly salary, taxes, company payments & deductions and employee benefits programme data for multiple entities across Europe & Australia for 800+ employees.
• Ensure monthly payroll changes are collated and processed accurately by the relevant Payroll outsource provider, managing monthly processing, approval and reconciliation.
• Ensure payroll is processed with speed, accuracy and within deadlines, whilst maintaining all required records and files.
• Work closely with HR function to ensure seamless flow of relevant and retained data across functions to aid the payroll process.
• Ensuring all procedures are fully documented in the agreed formats and that these are regularly reviewed and all times kept up-to-date. Ensure that documented procedures are at all times adhered to and meet statutory requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring payroll is processed in line with revenue compliance rules and best practice and partake in continuous development to ensure up to date knowledge of tax changes or guidance.
• Proactively work with management to ensure accurate flow of information across departments.
• Deliver a proactive risk and control culture, embedding risk, control, audit and compliance requirements within all processes, including support to all internal and external audits.
• Manage and drive on-going projects and process improvement initiatives that present within the payroll function.
• Manage employee benefit programmes from payroll perspective, including processing of all payments and changes in pension, private medical insurance, TaxSaver, PHI, Illness Benefit, Bike to Work, Life Assurance, Employee Referral Programme and Club subsidies.
• Managing the time and attendance process ensuring that full use is made of system and user capabilities.
• Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters surrounding this role and the broader business environment.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
• You will ideally have 6 to 8 years operational and oversight payroll experience.
• Relevant qualifications (top quartile) to support the technical aspects of role, (iPass qualified or Accounting) required.
• Experience in working across Europe & Australia, managing multiple countries, entities and deadlines.
• Have detailed knowledge of Irish PAYE (including BIK) and PRSI, other taxation jurisdictions an advantage.
• The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with sense of responsibility who proactively drives continuous improvement and is able to demonstrate same.
• Previous experience with outsourcing payroll management an advantage.
• Previous experience with Workday or similar HR system an advantage.
• Proven ability to identify and resolve problems using a team based approach.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines consistently, and to take ownership of role.
• Professional, efficient approach and attitude when dealing with internal business areas, employees and external parties.
• Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Strong organizational skills & ability to multitask.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail required.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office) with strong excel and data management experience.
• Fluency in English
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect and follows us on LinkedIn here.
Please view our privacy statement here.